Dear Fansly Community
Dear Fansly users/Sex Workers/Creators,
Thank you for choosing Fansly. The amount of sign ups and users migrating to our platform have been truly incredible. The confidence you have in us is inspiring and we feel it is our duty to be transparent and open as we continue to build this platform to support you.
Let’s start with the challenges:
1. Our application and support system is backlogged. We were not staffed for this gigantic influx. Overnight on August 19th, 2021 we saw a 50x increase on applications and support inquiries and the next day it was 1000x. Ever since, our focus has been massively expanding these systems in a safe way to accommodate the exponential traffic growth we are experiencing. We have hired more than 80 people and are continuing to hire great team members in the past couple days who are helping us to process applications and support inquiries.
2. Our Terms of Service. We have had some oversights that people have pointed out regarding chargebacks and content that have been immediately corrected. What was in there previously in no way reflected our actual company policy and was an oversight.
3. UX, suggestions, and feature requests. We love doing cool stuff and giving you the tools you need to succeed. We’re proud that our platform is already more advanced than others in our space but there are a lot of features and analytics that have been side-tracked so that we can focus on stability to support so many of you incredible members of our community. We used to frequently push new and amazing changes that our users requested and we will get back to that ASAP.
1. We have experienced very minimal down time. We are built on an amazing foundation that has handled 1000x traffic, mostly from creators uploading significant amounts of media.
2. Our focus is on stability, safety, and security. We are working with some of the best adult business lawyers and lobbyists in the world in order to support you. To us, if sex workers don’t have a safe and stable platform then we have failed.
3. The team at Fansly is in it to make the world a better and safer place for sex workers. We are in this for the long-haul and above money we are in this to make a significant impact on improving the lives of an industry that has too often been ignored or feared. We will do this by showing that a dedicated focus and prioritization on safety, communication, and compliance can coincide with building a great tech platform. Long lasting change, influence, and building a great product people love to use are the things that get us out of bed every day to work hard for you. We will not cut corners, we will not put sex workers and the people that trust us at risk.
The community that we have interacted with through this journey is full of brilliant people that are deserving of the rewards of their hard work. We will do everything in our power to give you the security and stability you have worked so hard for. We won’t turn our backs on you, we are in this with you, and we will fight for you.
Michael - Fansly CEO