What's with this?
TwitLonger is a way to let you post to Twitter when 140 characters just isn't enough.
With TwitLonger, you can write what you need and a link to what you said will automatically be posted to your Twitter account. It's like twitpic for text.
Absolutely. Please don't use TwitLonger to get lazy with Twitter. If your tweet runs to 150 characters, you can almost certainly reword it to get it to fit. If, however, you want to make a point that fits in the conversation, or want to explain something technical, then this lets you stay within the Twitterverse without posting a dozen tweets. People that are interested can click on the link and see the full majesty of your wit and wisdom.
There are a number of areas of content which are not acceptable to post on TwitLonger. Violation of these guidelines can result in the non-recoverable removal of such content and serious offenders will be blocked from using the site.
Basically, if you wouldn't be comfortable showing the content to friends and family, you shouldn't post it. Posts that you believe are in violation of this policy can be reported via the "report" link on the post.
Allowable content is at the discretion of the site owner, but here are some of the most obvious areas to avoid:
- Crude or indecent language, including adult stories or "imagines"
- Sexual tips or advice
- Sexual fetish content (e.g. foot fetish content)
- Information on adult toys or products
- Links to external sites containing adult content
- Content which advocates against an individual, group, or organization
- Content that may be construed as biased against individuals, groups, or organisations based on criteria such as race, religion, disability, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or political affiliation.
Yep. It costs (a lot of) money to run the site so there's a little advertising on the posts. Once again, if you feel uncomfortable with this, don't use the service. TwitLonger is completely self funded and does not have any investors. No ads, no site. (If you would like to invest, get in touch)
Please contact our advertising representatives at Playwire for ad rates, packages and general advertising information.
The absolute best way to get in contact is by email as that will ensure I see your query. Twitter messages are easy to miss, especially if they arrive in the middle of the night in the UK.
Who made this?
Me. Stuart Gibson, I'm a web developer in real life too.
- I have a blog that I don't update much
- I'm on Twitter (obviously)
- I can be found in lots of other places too.
TwitLonger has a basic API available to registered applications to allow posting and reading.