GESC Organizers decided to move the SEA Qualifiers - Not too happy about it.
GESC Organizers decided to move the SEA Qualifiers for Thailand leg on a later date 1 day before the actual qualifier date. We're not sure if this is already final but we are still waiting for an answer from GESC clarifying the situation. But we want to share to you our thoughts about this.
1. The GESC Organizers decided not to include us in the GESC Indonesia SEA Qualifiers during Galaxy Battles LAN Finals since we are playing in another tournament. Very unfair. We understand that maybe you are trying to correct your mistake back then but arriving into a decision 1 day before the qualifier date is really bad.
2. Cancelling the tournament/qualifier 1 day prior to the said date is very unprofessional.
3. We believe that the reasons being given are not valid to decide 1 day before the tournament. "Business visas on arrival" or "Allowing more teams to participate" or "Having more time to run the qualifier" are reasons which can be considered when you started to plan the qualifiers, why just now?
4. How come only SEA region will have 6 teams? Isn't this a bit unfair to the other regions? South America already finished their qualifier and just had 4 teams.
5. Now, we are hours away from the supposed to be qualifier and the guy in charge haven't given a response yet. We feel that we are left hanging, teams do need to prepare. I hope they know that.