Post-doctoral Fellowship in Philosophy of Science (UQAM, Montreal, Canada)
he Canada Research Chair in Philosophy of the Life Sciences (department of philosophy, UQAM, Montreal) seeks applicants for a Banting post-doctoral fellowship.
Banting fellows are awarded 70 000 $CAD annually for 2 years. Note that the Banting fellowships are very competitive and highly prestigious in Canada. To be eligible, candidates must have obtained their doctoral degree between September 20th, 2014 and September 30th, 2018.
For candidates who seek support from the Chair, the first step of the selection process consists in sending us a CV along with a research project description (3 pages) by July 12, 2017.
The research project is expected to be in general philosophy of science or in philosophy of biology, and broadly fit with the research objectives of the Chair (https://en.chairephilosciences.uqam.ca). The Chair will pre-select an applicant and support him/her in applying at the university-wide level. If the application is selected by UQAM, UQAM will officially support the application at the Canadian-wide level.
• July 12 : Pre-application deadline at the Chair
• July 18 : Decisions of the Chair sent to candidates
• July 26 : Application deadline at the Faculty of Human Sciences at UQAM
• August 15 : Decisions sent to candidates
• September 20 : Application sent to the Vanier-Banting secretariat by the candidate
• Mid-February 2018 : Results sent by the Vanier-Banting secretariat
• April to October 2018 : Start of fellowship
For more information
Christophe Malaterre, Canada Research Chair in Philosophy of the Life Sciences