Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship scheme
Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship scheme (2017 round) - Call for Expressions of Interest
The Department of Philosophy at the University of Kent invites expressions of interest for those who wish to apply through it for the 2017 round of the Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship scheme. Further details of this scheme are available at http://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/funding/ECF/ECF.cfm
Expressions of interest should be submitted to the School research administrator, Jacqui Martlew (email@example.com), by 12.00pm on Monday 28th November 2016. These should include:
* a full academic CV (indicating your previous qualifications and fields of study, publications and other academic or public engagement activities)
* a research proposal of up to 1000 words which sets out the context of your project, its proposed research questions and contribution to knowledge, its methodology and proposed publications. This should also explain why the Department of Philosophy at Kent would be a particularly good research environment for you to develop this project.
Before submitting your expression of interest, please check that you meet the following eligibility requirements for this scheme:
* that you have not yet held a full-time permanent academic post at a UK university
* that if you are still registered as a doctoral student you will be submitting your thesis by 4pm on 2 March 2017
* that if you have completed your PhD, your doctoral viva did not take place more than four years prior to the application closing date (unless you have taken a career break since then)
* that you either hold a degree from a UK university or are currently employed by a UK university in a temporary post.
Expressions of interest submitted to the Department will then undergo a selection process within the School of European Culture and Languages. Applicants will be notified before Christmas of whether their project will be supported as a full application to Leverhulme.
If you would like to discuss the suitability of your project for the Department, please contact a member of staff with interests close to your own.
Departmental research specialisms: https://www.kent.ac.uk/secl/philosophy/research/index.html
Member of staff: https://www.kent.ac.uk/secl/philosophy/staff/index.html