URGENT SOS ONE DAY TO STOP #ROHINGYA MASSACRE PLEASE RT!
Following taken from http://www.facebook.com/burmeserohingya.orguk (because not everyone is on Facebook and you need to read this!)
Joint Statement by Rohingya Organisations;
ROHINGYA CLEANSING CONTINUED IN ARAKAN UNDER STATE PROGRAMME, U.N. PEACEKEEING FORCE MOST URGENT
While strongly condemning the renewed violence and carnage by the extremist Rakhine Buddhists against the Muslims or Rohingyas in Arakan, we jointly state as follows:
1. Since 21 October organized gangs of the Rakhine extremists headed by monks have burned down over 1000 houses, killed hundreds of Muslims and injured many more in the townships of Myinbya, Mrauk-U, Pauktaw and Kyaukpyu. These genocidal actions have been carried out with the backing of the police, army and security forces with intent to destroy the whole Muslim population of Arakan.
2. Systematic killings, rape of women and destruction have continued unabated while every single sign of Muslim or Islam is being erased from Arakan. On 23 October, at about 20:00 hours, while the Paikthay village was on blaze in Kyaukpyu Town, the fire fighters came to the spot with tank load of patrol in the guise of putting out the fire.
3. The state patronized Rakhine terrorists issued ultimatum to the Rohingyas or Muslims in Sittwe, Mrauk-U, Minbya, Myebon and Pauktaw and many other places to vacate their villages, houses and properties by October 25 or face violent attacks and forced expulsion.
4. The blocking of OIC to open its offices in Burma -- despite MoU signed between Burmese government and OIC -- is a clear indication of the Thein Sein government’s intention to carry on its ‘ethnic cleansing’ against the Muslim Rohingyas without outside knowledge.
5. It is a great disappointment that the international community has staked so much on Burmese President Thein Sein’s reform process. When he proposed ethnic cleansing they stayed silent, and even when ethnic cleansing takes palace they still stay silent, although the situation is crying for immediate attention and action.
There is no way this violence would continue if Thein Sein government genuinely wants to stop it. However, it is important that the crimes against humanity and violence against the Rohingyas are stopped without further delay. We, therefore,
• Urge upon the international community, UN, EU, USA, UK, OIC, ASEAN and Burma’s neighbours to put effective pressure on Burmese government to stop violence and crimes against Rohingyas;
• Urge the UN to intervene in the matter on ground of humanitarianism for the purpose of preventing further death, killing, rape and destruction of the Muslims; and to urgently send UN Peace Keeping Force to Arakan;
• Urge upon USA and her western allies to review their policies on Thein Sein government in order to protect the lives of helpless Muslims in Arakan in the light of protecting and promoting human rights and democratic values;
• Urge upon the international community to put pressure on the Burmese government (i) to allow unhindered humanitarian aid to the Rohingya victims in every nock and cranny of Arakan; (ii) to stop its segregation scheme and replace it with a proactive policy of ‘peaceful co-existence’; and (iii) to repeal or amend the Burma Citizenship Law of 1982 in order to conform it with international law standards.
Signatories to this joint statement:
1. Arakan Rohingya National Organisation (ARNO)
2. Burmese Rohingya Organisation UK (BROUK)
3. Burmese Rohingya Association Japan (BRAJ)
4. Burmese Rohingya Community in Australia (BRCA)
5. Burmese Rohingya Association Deutschland (BRAD)
6. Burmese Rohingya Association in Thailand (BRAT)
7. Burmese Rohingya Community in Denmark ( BRCD)
8. Rohingya League for Democracy Burma (RLDB)
9. Rohingya Community in Norway (RCN)
10. Rohingya Society Malaysia (RSM)
For more information, please contact;
Aman Ullah +880-15584 86910
Tun Khin + 44(0) 788 871 4866